Covering elements of traditional PR and social media, Gold TV planned an Only Fools & Horses marathon, broadcasting every episode created, to mark the show’s 30th Anniversary.
- Timescale – August-September 2017
- Budget – £60,000
- To get more hits on the Gold Facebook page
- To unite traditional and social media with on-air promotion
- To attract viewers to watch the anniversary series
Strategy & Plan
Fever recreated Del Boy’s Peckham flat and launched a Facebook competition to win a chance to spend a night in the legendary flat. Sourcing props and features for the original show, key media figures and celebrities were invited to a launch party for the competition.
Measurement & Evaluation
- 63 pieces of national coverage, including three consecutive days in The Sun.
- Gold TV’s Facebook page increased by more than 12,000
- Generated over 6,000 social media mentions
- Received over 2,000 requests to rent the flat in the campaigns first week through Gold TV’s Facebook page
- Around 7.5 million adults tuned in a 20% increase on usual viewing figures
What do you think? What would you add?